Thursday, April 16, 2009

The Past 5 years


My wedding anniversary was 2 weeks ago on April 4. I have been married for 5 wonderful years. And lately I have been thinking a lot about that time in my life and how much things have changed in the last five years. For starters 6 years ago if somebody would have told me that I would meet and marry a sailor and move to Washington I would have told them they were crazy. For one thing I never thought I would leave Utah, I figured that I would always live there. Then one crazy night I met this sailor and my life changed forever, for the good. I fell madly in love. And a month later I was headed to Washington for a 2 week vacation which turned into 4 months before I came back to Utah. And when I did come back I was married and was only coming back for a two week vacation so we could meet each other family's. And was then headed back to Washington to live in our new apt. that we had just moved into before we left for vacation.


The next 3 years we lived a carefree life, we had a few bills and rent. We did a lot of wine tours in Yakima, WA, and also went to the Oregon coast a lot especially if we had a 3 day weekend. We did a lot of wine tasting in the Willamette Valley, OR. Stayed at the Stephanie Inn right on the OR coast on our anniversary and each year we would stay more nights. Our 3rd anniversary was the last year we stayed there. For after that we had our son Tommy and our priority's changed. Instead of spending lots of money on wine and a very nice bed and breakfast we spent it on things for Tommy instead.


And now I think back to that day I got married and how in love we were that day and how much we are still in with love each other now and share our love for each other with Tommy who is the greatest joy in our lives. And I hope for the next five years that we remain deeply in love with each other and maybe even have more kids to share our love with.


1 comment:

  1. YAY!!! Im so glad you got a blog now i can see updates on what you guys do and pics of my baby cuz grow up

    ReplyDelete